Sunday, July 09, 2006

The Account of: The aparition Tiamat

The Account of:
The Apparition Tiamat

[A Vignette/sketch #4: introduction into a new series]

(A Letter found at the late H.L. Lovelit's Home, in Boston, had the following story.)

It was in the spring of a lost year, one yet to remember, save for that fact, Sinned had died in the year previous to it; Sinned, the name still echoes throughout Yort, yes, the mighty Yort, with its towering gates and walls. Yes indeed, Yort was still interesting and fashionable in the world that was dominated by the demonic-beings left behind from some golden age long forgotten. The young and foolish King Thesus III was still ruling, as was the new certified demonic-god, Lucifer, or is that he, an angelic being has allowed York to know his identity? Many at Yort have deliberated this fact out for quite a spell, and the Tiamat: mother of demon; she was here, in spirit one might say, or rather, in ghost form. Yes, with these three, to include the Commander of the Military, much if not all, was suppressed from the public’s eye. Only now, after a decade of over looking at Yort, and its inhabitants, it comes to mind, the missing links between the human and demonic world. Sinned always said it was his One God, and of course, the demonic forces within Yort said their was no other but them and us (this has been of course explained in the three books Mr. Siluk wrote about the Tiamat).

I, Nwahs, the brother of Ydoc, have lived an adventurous life, somewhat. I find myself thrilling as I think about my brother’s death and the parting of Sinned when, thrilled that I, a farmers boy have survived, and become who I am, in the high offices of Yort. Sinned, who utterly submerged his mind with this One God business, brought on his own demise, I do believe; yet he remains a legend in our city, and as far as Yort can reach. His God is somewhat, or almost extinct now, other than a few folks bringing forth a few glimpses of interest, occasionally, but like putting a fire to ashes with water, so reacts the demonic forces of Yort, stopping the thirst for this One God, by the demons when it surfaces.

It can be imagined my close friendship with the three I have mentioned: The King, Lucifer, and the Tiamat whom now is a ghost in her own right; for she has shed the skin, like a snake of the Ram-god, who now is second in command in the underworld. She as we all know made a deal with him and thus, entered his physical body, as she distorted it, and it rotted away with her inside of it.

I have come to realized more clearly as time has gone by—there is no point in resisting the wants and demands, if not needs of the three most high in Yort, ‘twas they that have now given me my position, and for them who do defy them, risk death, like Sinned, who would not hear of it that way, he did risk life and limb and did die so doing.

And here I was, given the 5th highest position in Yort, under the Commander. The newly made position called: ‘Overseer [detective] of Arms,’ kind of the monitor of Yort, for I had no real force of my own, yet the soldiers under the Commander, were also subject to me, for they are the ones that kept peace and order in the city. My position simply called for me to review all circumstances of the military, and citizens, and possibly the enemy outside our gates, and report back any derogatory information that might hinder our Yort, or the good name of the demonic forces that now run the fortress. I needed not to do anything about anything just report and that in it would demolish any residence within any growing conflict between leaders and followers.

It seemed to me, most of the young soldiers at Yort were turned into loafers (for the most part), not warriors, or nationally proud soldiers. It became kind of a lifeless and thankless job, no longer a career.

With a snarl of disgust, I took my new position, as a gift and a death sentence all in one. For no one ever survived the maltreatment of these three forces--: other than, Sinned and the Commander.

[From the view of Sinned, prior to his death, Yort had become a most uninteresting city of death]

Meeting of the Tiamat

Said the Tiamat in her ghostly form to me, Nwahs:


“You need to invoke into the citizens of Yort their need to worship us more, not only I, but Lucifer, and the King, we are all one, all three of us.”

I answered, “How?”


“Well, well,” she slurped out of her selfish condescending way, with her infamous smirk,


“You are the man in the field, the consultant, whose occupation has become the 5th highest in the city: no more pulling weeds out of the field for the one time farmer--: its called possibilities, create possibilities.”

How I wish I’d had never taken the job, and had I known at the time, the flood God sent, would only destroy everything but Yort, perhaps I would not have taken this job so quickly. You see, it was Satan who vanished into the sky when Sinned died, and the world turned purple and blue, black and gray, and that man over in Asia Minor, building the boat, stopped for a spell, and perhaps there is another flood on its way, but this one only drowned the sea around us, not us on top of the cliffs. And whom would have ever figured Satan would forgive the Tiamat, and let her come back to rule York, as a ghost with him.

I suppose Sinned was the antagonist for them, and now he is gone, and the world starts over again. Now what?
Note: Originally this introduction to a new series was done in written out some time in 2002-03; and updated, 12/4/2005; after the three Tiamat books of Dennis’ were released in 2002. He had finished in draft form, three other very short stories or sketches, and a few he found recently. He never perused this much beyond the three books. But for those interested, this short sketch tells what happens after the last days (or what the third book specifies is the last days) of Yort, the city on the hill, in the year about 6800 BC; thus, this would be a decade thereafter, or there about. Today, 12/4/05, he has gone over the short story, and here it is.

See Dennis' web site: http://dennissiluk.tripod.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home