Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Reminiscences of the Tiamat's Son: Parts II & III "Atop the Tempest"

Reminiscences
Of the Tiamat’s First Born
((From a Journal of the Demonic) (Part II))

Atop the Tempest



Amduscias

There was a windstorm in the air on the night I escaped the Great Forest of Yort, into the deserted land of what now is called Syria, a tempest of a storm gas coming, and I was heading into its lurking middle. I was alone; perhaps I was foolish, thinking the love of adventure mixed with the unknown, and my grotesque looks, would save me from strange horrors to be, yet this was not a heroic poem in literature, this was muscular domination in a ghastly exploration I was attempting, and fitness was predominate in survival, it was what was needed in facing this new world. And this was my first test.
I was no longer in an eldritch panic, the nightmare of the Mantocore and the wild dogs was over; death was no longer creeping up and own my spine, setting in place, in patches—chills. My mother was surely not going to search for me; she had her worshipers in Yort, the great city of Asia Miner that is what was important to her. The truths of the matter was, was that I had to bear the truth, bear it alone, or face the world to be in fear and become mad in the process.
“Now that I am telling my story, writing it down in this journal, lest the threatening of gloom make me crazy, thus, it seems to quiet my nerves somewhat, I shall bear this tempest as I have in all previous manners, with spectral and desolated primeval, sinister—and perhaps a little twisted fear, hidden fear, for fear can swell the skull to gigantic proportions, and the tempest to be, in front of me is no more than a shadow on the chimney.”

This is how I described it, but in much more detail and with many horrors, but I somehow lost the official account, so I shall tell it from memory again. After a moment I detached from my fear, the atmosphere was in a stir and oddly facing me like a tempest with a heap of gushing wind, and blinding sand, a few minutes more and the dispersal of the insides of these winds, terrible winds, would suffocate me, it, or they, would have to face. At this moment, rocks flew by me, hit me, and bruised me.
So on this spring afternoon, a distant rumble came, the silent night I had come out of was trampled, it reached me, the sand blasts were like beams of electric torches, shocking my body, feeble I became, and the wind shifted me about like a pile of camel dung; yet I did not hesitate, I ran for a resolution, I ran blindly into the wind, into its center core, I heard the death demon, call me from it, the one my mother said is vaporous and has pestilence, but what did I care, I was of his kind, but with flesh. Hence, I was next to him now (he gave his name as: Amduscias), next to him in the center of the storm I stood; subtly, he sat on a seat, as the tempest circled all around us.
As the stormed muffled thunder, and got louder, I could not make out any details of what he was trying to tell me. Next he stood up, we now stood side by side, and out of the sky he pulled a rope ladder. I thought, this might be our potential escape, but where to? I did not think, judging him at this moment was to my advantage, he somehow was protecting me or so it seemed at the time, as the approaching winds were folding into the core, in a minute I would be part of this storm, or somehow take this window of opportunity, he was offering me, if indeed he was offering anything. It is probing how intently I watched his every move, and him holding that rope ladder.
Never before had the face of evil, even though I am evil, but a face more evil than myself, so poignantly had browbeaten me, to the point I was happy to see it. But I had learned you do not trust demons, they lie, and it is part of their nature to do so. And they do not have mercy per se; again it is part of their natural world, and history.
The windstorm was a world of its own, and I had not ever experienced or even had my imagination created such a phantasmal chaos in my mind. And now I faced it, it was coming, and somehow I expected the demon to assist me.
And now a devastating shockwave came, that opened the earth, like the womb of a woman having birth pains. I became hopelessly insane for the moment, and my head felt as if it was flying into oblivion. And I found myself falling, as the storm went over me, yes, I was falling to the darkest crypts of the earth, for it had splintered open, and the demon was flying above me like a bat, laughing with the rope in his hands. I got the feeling he was simply a joker of sorts; no longer could I take him serious.
The frightful outcome was to me to be isolation in the bowls of the earth, with a rope ladder the demon would throw my way, simply as a spoof to his amusement; and so as I fell, here he was, the death-demon, lurking behind me. His eyes had the same odd quality the Mantocore had, eyes that stared at me and gave out cloudy and gray reflections, death reflections. And as I neared the bottom, I knew I’d vanish from earth, a flood of cataclysm came into my cerebellum, the demon above me was laughing, terrible words coming out of his crazed mouth, and I wondered when I’d fall completely, land, but I didn’t land, I just kept falling, and the demon vanished back to the surface, as the earth started to close—voiceless I became, the rope-ladder, perhaps was a symbol of no escape.




The Spider Gorilla
Part III




Unconscious I was, but for how long I didn’t know. Fungous and vegetation was all about me. Stone walls and tentacles like giant spiders were walking about me in the dark. Heaven be thanked I was still alive, or was I? It was a question that was not clear in my mind.
I remember the nameless sounds that secretly lurked about me, haunted me to this day. Why cannot the doors of the earth open up again for me, to free me, I asked myself? With no reply of course; what I saw in the dark of this unspeakable chamber, within the earth, were a delirious gorilla like spiders, with matted fur coats, mammalian degenerated, frightful, and cannibalistic. They were snarling at me, excited to have found me I suppose.
I had not died, but was consumed by the earth. I was like a rat caught in a well, or a closed walled chamber, horrible it was, I had incendiary outrage, and as one of the giant spiders attacked me with its saber like teeth, I ripped at it with my iron hands, pounded on its head like a slug hammer, it immediately became distracted, maimed and worthless.
This was the ugliest character in appearance I had found yet on or within the earth, it went squealing like a rat back into a hole in the upper part of the earth, servant to whom I do not know, but it was whispering to something or someone, perhaps its mate.

Night never comes, it always is, in this graveyard type chamber, such as I was in, and the stenches were horrible. Full dark each day, but my eyes adjusted. As I have said, I remained in a state of fear, it seamed vermin and old ghosts, demons were not on my side, nor were I particularly fond of them, but under these circumstances, which I hopped was not to be my final tragedy, I found to the upper part of the wall, a stoned removed, the spider I think moved it when it stepped into its abode, perhaps during the earthquake it loosened up. At first I dismissed this as insignificant, but as I looked deeper into it, I dug upward, and the earth fell on top of me, and I saw an opening that gave light, terrific vision, I abruptly awoke to life again. A hissing came into my throat, I would be free.

1-2-2008

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home